Community involvement is part of our work culture at Stoker Ostler. We believe it is our duty to serve our community as well as our clients.
On behalf of Stoker Ostler, and as individuals, our employees provide time, talent and gifts to many community organizations, including those focused on children. In past years, we have held a holiday toy drive for the East Valley Child Crisis Center, adopting 45 kids ranging in age from infants to 15 years.
It has become a tradition for us during the holiday season to partner with friends and family to “adopt” all of the 85-95 kids at Sunshine Acres Children’s Home, sponsoring a holiday party and providing much-needed presents for kids who would otherwise go without.
As personally rewarding as these hands-on contributions are, we do not limit our definition of community to our immediate geographic area.
“We are citizens of the world,” says Managing Director Creg Ostler, who is a regular volunteer for Heifer International, an organization that provides livestock and other services to needy families in developing countries. “Our clients’ wealth – and accordingly, our own success – are made through investments in every part of the world. We have a responsibility to give back to the world community that has made us successful.”
We are pleased to be a member of a broader organization that shares our sense of community. Every year, BMO provides financial support, investment capital and in-kind contributions focused on financial literacy and community and economic development, which includes investing in areas to support affordable housing and small businesses. Their employees provide hundreds of volunteer hours to numerous organizations, groups and causes in their local communities.
Stoker Ostler and its employees provide time, talent and treasures to many organizations, including:
- American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org)
- Arizona Community Foundation (www.azfoundation.org)
- Boy Scouts of America (www.scouting.org)
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (www.childrenshospitalla.org)
- Heifer International (www.heifer.org)
- Junior Achievement (www.ja.org)
- The Olive Branch Fund (www.theolivebranchfund.org)
- Pancreatic Action Network (www.pancan.org)
- Delta Dental Charitable Foundation
- One Life at a Time (www.1lifeatatime.org)
- Sunshine Acres Children’s Home (www.sunshineacres.org)
- Valley Youth Theater (www.vyt.com)
- Numerous schools and youth sports programs