Stoker Ostler professionals believe that effective wealth preservation and wealth transfer require prudent estate planning. An estate plan can protect you, your heirs and your interests by helping to grow and preserve your assets for the future.
Estate planning is a team approach. Our financial planners and portfolios managers will work closely with your accountant and attorneys to develop a comprehensive plan that incorporates all elements of an estate plan, including your will, appropriate trusts, the assignment of power of attorney and a living will or healthcare proxy. (If you don’t have an attorney or accountant, we can provide you with a list of professionals who can provide these services).
Estate Planning requires legal assistance which Stoker Ostler and its affiliates do not provide. Consult your personal counsel.
Everyone needs an estate plan designed so that his or her wishes are carried out after death. At Stoker Ostler, we can:
- Take inventory of your wealth, including investments, retirement savings, insurance policies and real estate or business interests
- Create the proper estate planning tools that clearly assign your wealth to beneficiaries as you intend
- Work with your other advisors to stay abreast of changing tax laws and minimize tax consequences
- Coordinate with you and your heirs as needed and desired to prevent disputes and confusion about your desires
- Assist you in using tax-free gifts during your lifetime to reduce your estate so that you minimize taxes, while enjoying the chance to share the fruits of your labors during your lifetime
- We can establish a periodic review with a team of advisors
- Help you make charitable gifts that best express your interests and provide the most benefit before and after your death